1. Check you're on the cheapest deal
We'll do a full market comparison to check you're not overpaying on your current deal. If not great, if you are we'll help you switch
2. Constantly monitor your tariff
Energy bills move all the time. Just because your tariff is cheapest now, doesn't mean it always will be. Both because yours may get more expensive and the competition's may get cheaper.
3. Alert you when it's time to switch again
When the time is right for you to switch based on your current tariff and preferences, we'll alert you and show you the best deals.
- Direct debit is cheapest. Pay this way to get a 5-10% discount.
- Only cost & customer service changes. Pipes, circuits and the actual gas or electricity is the same.
- Bills might not go down but you do save. At price rise time the cash you shell out may stay the same but you'll still be saving.
- Pre-pay customers can save too. You can still switch on a pre-pay meter and Energy Bill Buster will work for you.
- If you're in debt you may need to pay. If you owe your current supplier you may need to pay it before it'll let you switch.
- Tell us your details. Give us your address, current supplier and usage and we'll quickly find the cheapest supplier and tariff for you (it's different for everyone).
- Choose the tariff you want to switch to. Decide which tariff you want to switch to. Moneysupermarket sends your application to the new supplier to process.
- Wait for the cooling off period. There's a cooling off period - usually about 14 days. You can cancel the new switch any time during this period.
- Your old supplier gets notified - you don't need to contact it. The new supplier contacts the old supplier. Don't cancel your direct debit balance yet.
- Take a final meter reading. Give this to your old supplier to ensure you get an accurate final bill. You may have a balance to pay, or get a refund if you've overpaid.
- Get a welcome email. Your new supplier will send you a welcome email, confirming the process is complete.
- Cashback's paid into your account! You'll get your cashback 2-3 months after the day you applied to switch.